RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Acknowledges 400 foot AGL Limit in Class G
Old 06-12-2019, 02:52 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Propworn
Man sends email to FAA asking a question. Man gets answer to question. Man takes credit for pinning down the FAA and forcing them to go on record so he says. Sounds like man is looking for an atta boy to me. You can feather your own nest all you want but without absolute proof its feathered with Do Do feathers as far as I am concerned.
The fact remains that despite the law being in place for quite some time before that, nobody had asked the question of the FAA. I did. And yes, so far as I can tell, I was the first. As for credit or not, I could care less if it comes from folks who are so emotional about AMA that they cannot see it for what it is ... an organization more about the money than they are about the good of members. On the other hand, fair minded people appreciate my email question and response for what it was, someone taking action to prevent a private dues collecting organization from using law to compel membership.

As with all you guys you claim to speak for the multitudes and how there are so many dissatisfied with the leadership yet you never seem to be able to supply names (a data base) of those members just an unnamed amount. If this site is an indication of support for you lets look at how many members on the site? Now what there are at most a dozen that frequent and agree with any of your anti AMA topics you post here. Hardly worth a second glance. By the way I've noticed your posts on other forums with even less interested people than here so I guess that's why you spend so much time here punching out this diatribe.
And where are they? Look at AMA's declining membership revenue. That's where you'll find them. People who are leaving because AMA is just not that important to them. Leaving because they disagree with the AMA's "Embracing the Drone" strategy that forever linked MRs and "traditional model aircraft." Or people leaving because they just don't see value. They're out there, and the numbers are growing (based on AMA's financial trends).

Its fun to see how badly you few have your knickers in a knot keep up the good work the entertainment value is priceless.LOL
It seems that your knickers are in a knot, for were they not, you wouldn't feel the need to write such a thoughtful, albeit emotional, response.

Oh ya and some of the fan base are not even members of the AMA what a hoot.
As is their choice under the law, a law that now includes "OR" instead of "AND" in a crucial spot. A law that no longer allows AMA to imply that membership is required to participate in the hobby under the recreational rules.