RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet Central Super Eagle starting problems
Old 06-16-2019, 09:24 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I had similar issues with my Falcon. The problem is due to the original restrictor being too small. For a while Jet Central was sending out a larger restrictor to customers who complained. I tried drilling out mine; but my smallest drill was too big and then it wasn't starting due to too much gas. My fix was to replace the restrictor with a remote needle valve from an OS91VRDF engine (to the right of the turbine in the attached photo). It worked fine at 1/4 turn open. If it was very hot out I'd have to close it one click. If it was cold out I'd have to open it up one click.

My suggestions are:
First remove the section of tubing that contains the restrictor. Hook it up to your Powermax bottle and blow through it in the opposite direction from your normal flow. This will blow out any dirt or debris. Reinstall and see if that helps.
If that doesn't work find a needle valve and use that instead of a fixed restrictor. Festo and several other companies also make needle valves or air throttling valves that would work.

Joe