RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plans for transmitter tray
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 05:43 AM
brc007
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Plans for transmitter tray

I found the pics in google hevean (try this link). What I did it copyed some text from the page and then searched for that in google with quotes " around it. Then I clicked on "Cached".

I will try to paste them here
Transmitter Tray
By Dick Lahaye

Make flying comfortable and free your hands from having to hold the transmitter case. You can concentrate on fine joystick control movements. This project is real easy and can be finished in a few hours.

Materials required :1/4" plywood, 11" x 14" and 2" x 10".
2 Spruce Runners, 3/4" x 1 1/2" x 9".
2 "L" brackets, 3" x 3" x 3/4" wide.
2 Aluminum Sholder Straps 24" long x 1" wide x 1/8" thick.
4 6x32 machine screws to mount sholder straps to "L" brackets.
4 #6 sheet metal screws to mount "L" brackets to runners.
3/4" brads to mount runners and plywood retainer to Tray top.

Construction: (Refer to diagrams below)

Cut the Tray Top from 1/4" plywood as per drawing, The only variable is the location of the TX handle. Check your TX for correct location after the main opening has been cut away.

Cut the Runners fron 3/4" spruce and cut the Retainer from 1/4" ply.

Cut 2 Sholder Straps from 1/8" x 1" x 24" long. Then bend the upper ends to follow your the contour of your shoulder. Then drill the bottom of the Straps to fit the angle brackets.

Assemble the Runners to the bottom of the Tray with wood glue and brads, Runners should be flush with back of Tray and flush with TX center opening.

Install the TX Retainer plywood strip with glue and brads, be sure to place Retainer so that the Buddy Cord jack will clear for use.

Install the angle brackets to the bottom of the runners with #6 x 3/4" sheet metal screws.

Check TX for good fit in the Tray, then paint with polyeurethane varnish.

When dry, install the sholder straps to the angle brackets with 6 x 32 x 3/8" machine screws, check for comfortable fit to your body, adjust (bend) as necessary. I placed some foam rubber weather striping under the sholder straps for comfort.

You are finished ! Happy Flying
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13853_965.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	7073  
The following users liked this post:
oskartek (03-02-2024)