RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question on eliminating RCA jacks on Spylinker 800mw system
Old 11-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question on eliminating RCA jacks on Spylinker 800mw system

I used, speaking of Radio Shack, the wire that comes in a pack of several colors, red, green, black, etc. I think its 18 gauge. I also used Deans 4 pin plugs but you only need to use 3 of the pins. Power, Neg, Video.
IMPORTANT!!!
There is a 5v regulator for the camera in that plastic bead that is part of the camera lead itself. Remove that and you will let the magic smoke out of the camera. The tx runs on 8+v but the camera operates on 5v. I simply shortened the lead between it and the camera. If you slice the bead in half along the shallow side, you can access the little PC board if you wish. The connections are marked on the board itself.
My setup after the butchering:

Hope this is of some help!
ORIGINAL: yardflyr

Hello everybody. I was hoping someone could help me. I am looking to eliminate the RCA jacks on the system to save wieght. Any idea of what type of wire and connectors I should use or how I should go about it? I don't know very much about electronics but I do have a Radio Shack nearby. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.