RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:15 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

well guys, I hate to tell you !!!! but more garbage here,, I mounted the Mustangs wire landing gear to the wing, and the vertical holes (not the slots) that the wire gear slides into are both tapered from the inside out, this was done on purpose at the factory, this means the wheels will wiggles forward and back a good 3/4 inches on each landing and take off, so for every landing/take off the wire will vibrate increasing the size of the holes !
I know how to fix it, I will have to drill out the holes and put in hard wood dowels, and drill new 4mm holes in the dowels for the wire landing gear, now drilling new holes and mounting dowels is pretty easy, I did that 7 times for the Wold Models P-40 retracts , but drilling the holes in the dowels in just the right spot (and straight) so the wire gear are parallel to each other is another thing.. plus, I don't know how wide the bass wood in the wing is, so I don't know how wide the dowels can be made.. it's very frustrating..
I have been seriously thinking about calling Air Borne Models and telling Mr. Chan just how dirty I feel he is for selling such garbage. sorry guys, but really, I thought this hobby was suppose to be fun ???

Last edited by the Wasp; 06-28-2019 at 06:18 PM.