RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 12:08 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
A word of caution using floor wax as a release agent, specifically for bent strut landing gear. I wouldn't. Most floor waxes these days, like Future brand for instance have high acrylic content and dry very hard. Bent strut landing gear has to be removed by pulling it straight up out of the gear block holes so a softer wax is needed I think. Paste wax like Mother's with a high carnuba wax content would be a better choice imo.

You guys are riot, "crashing test stands". Funny, I thought I was the only one that had that happen. No problem, I just scabbed on some 1x4 to keep the rotten landing gear from falling off again.

Hotrod fa82b with its back turned to that other brand fs26

Hey! you just cut that out. I'm the only one here that used to bench run saito's bolted to a saw horse buddy (and get laughed at for it) ....pretty tidy shop sure you hav'nt got a touch of ocd yourself and is that dave's xr80 i see in the background?

Jim just stab the landing gear wire that goes into the wing into a candle and twist it a few times, bolt the leg to the wing and pour some 24hr epoxy in the hole.

Dave have you thought about getting the fa120r3 pushrod encased into a block of clear acrylic, they make neat paperweight blocks.