RCU Forums - View Single Post - GI Joe Jeep RC Conversion
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 03:57 AM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

OK, so the ends of the nuts on the axles exceed the body width by about 2mm. This is hard to tell from the pictures. That may be an issue (not for me) as the wheels may not sit inside the fenders, I believe the wheels do not stick out past the fenders on the real jeep. There may be a way to modify the axle assemblies if this is an issue or try to find a slightly smaller axle assemblies. Check banggood.com for rc parts, they have a ton of stuff but it takes a while to get it (from China). As I worked on this I realized I needed to make a chassis, that's where I stopped, also I got a 3D printer so I moved onto playing with that and put this aside. I was off yesterday so I was able to pull this out for the pictures, will probably take it up again in winter and hopefully finish it off.
The leaf springs were from Amazon as are the shocks (why did I buy red ones?). The tires are from the original host jeep and the wheels will need to be modified. I bought shaft assemblies as they need to be extended, the motor mounting needed modifying the jeep a bit, not sure where my head was and why I didn't mount it under the hood? There is still a lot like steering servo, receiver and battery mount to be worked out. I did purchase the Dragon kit as an alternative in case I abandon this or as an alternative project. I hope this helps.