RCU Forums - View Single Post - Over heated Capacitors on ESC
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Aashoj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got RPM
The OP has several issues contributing to his overheating:

1) He is using the wrong motor, the Kv is too high for 4S, it is more suitable for 3S but still high. A Kv of 1800-2200 would be suitable for his model on 4S.

2) Running the boat extensively at part throttle is VERY hard on the ESC and will overheat it. The hotter the setup the worse the overheating will be.

3) The battery is inadequate, today a 30C battery has excessive internal resistance, that is one reason the battery is hot.

4). The power wires to the ESC may be too long/too small in diameter. Or the connectors may have too high resistance. Or both.

5) The caps are hot because the battery cannot supply enough current under high load, this is most commonly caused by long/thin battery wires or weak batteries, or both.

The simplest solution for the OP is to try a larger prop on 2S with his current setup. And reset the transmitter to give full throttle, remembering to avoid excessive part throttle running.

I have now try with a 42 mm prop and only 2S battery, I calibrate mt throttle with ESC and it sims like it work gut. I test the boat and run out on water, but when i give throttle, the motor set out and in 3 -4 times and are so dead.
I pick up the both and could see there was no light on the receiver. I took the battery off and put on again and now it lighten up and work again until i give it throttle and so it was same history.

Is there someone who have a idea what the can be?

Last edited by Aashoj; 07-25-2019 at 09:29 PM.