RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tri-phan - thrust vectoring tri-copter by monophan
Old 08-11-2019, 03:52 PM
UN.RCONT.OL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TriGami This is a 100% foamboard construction from my MonoPhan origami series. It is arduino supported and can either be navigated without tilting only with thrust vectoring like my older TriPhan units, or it can fly just like any other tricopter, via differential thrust. This was one of the hardest units to tune. Outdoors maiden, 5 short flights with different settings…

Flight #1 & 2: Rough tuning, PID too tight. You can see the unit nose diving when I cut the throttle during the flight, which means that its grossly nose heavy. The ESC calibration is off.

Flight #3: ESCs calibrated, PID eased off, unit weight balanced: 100% thrust vectoring navigation, a tiny bit of differential thrust to support. Pretty stable but not very responsive.

Flight #4: 50% thrust vectoring navigation, increased differential thrust (hybrid). Unit more responsive but not very stable.

Flight #5: No thrust vectoring (except yaw), pitch and roll controlled with differential thrust. Wobbling due to increased leveling input. I am not confident at all, land the unit early.

Need to further tune PID and find the right setting.