RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba Frame Error Rate
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 09:11 AM
Blackwidow

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill,

The airframe is a COMP ARF P47. We have the receiver's diversity antenna held in a holder at 90 degrees from each other and at 45 degrees down & back with reference to the horizon. The airframe is basically fiberglass composite. The airplane was flying directly at the transmitter when the incident occured. I suppose the Moki 250 radial could have blocked the signal for a moment........ that is the kind of information having this ability would provide. It's also possible the pilot just got the airframe too slow and it began to stall or that there was a rotor of wind through the trees just below the aircraft that caused the issue. It's the not knowing that causes the largest concern. I realize that even if this capability existed it would not guarantee that we could diagnose it with certainty but if for example, we could prove that there were not any significant number of discarded frames during the flight it would help point us in another direction.

While there are many systems to externally monitor Rx voltage and current It seems only the receiver knows when a transmitted frame is rejected and thus only the Futaba receiver could count these occurrences and provide them to the user. If that ability is not available via the Futaba Rx I fear it just isn't available at all with this system.

I guess I was hoping there was some embedded firmware in the RX that would output that frame error data if some special conditions were met.

Sigh......

Tom