RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE20 - Throttle Problems
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 02:43 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Truckracer
“Bounty of knowledge”? Not sure where that came from. I agree there is no need for a high speed servo on throttle but what does high torque have to do with the issue? Speed and torque are relative to what? In many cases just another servo in a product line such as the Hitec 625 / 645 neither one of which are overly fast or torquey. Metal gears are recommended far more than plastic these days but there is nothing wrong with a high quality plastic gear servo for throttle, if you can still find one. The number one thing that is important to me is position accuracy and you don’t get that with any so called standard servo. I’ve seen too many examples of idle speed being either too high or dead on landing with cheap servos. A better quality, higher resolution servo resolved the issue. This is especially important with a small gas engine where even a tiny bit of servo movement at idle can affect the speed so much.
Thanks truckracer, I was hoping I would get another opinion. I have never given any thought about type of servo for the throttle. In any of my gassers that I have all servos match the torque and speed. That way, I can swap them out across same size planes that I have. Don't use much nylon, or karbonite gears, just metal geared ones.