Old 08-27-2019, 06:53 PM
samparfitt
My Feedback: (43)

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

More stuff:

Painted the weight box.

Buckshot added.

cover screwed down.

Finally learned how to drill bolt holes in the props. I was using the engine prop plate over the prop jig and the prop plate has a slightly smaller diameter than the prop jig. The jig uses a 13/64" bit which is just a hair larger than the prop plates, but it made a big difference: no binding when putting on the prop. The smaller diameter bit allowed to be off center a hair: the prop jig allows a little slop but guides a correct diameter bit correctly. I was using the prop plate to make sure I didn't drill the wrong holes but, instead, I just mark the holes.

Found a couple 26X10 and they gave me 6300 RPM's so better than the 27X12's/

Cowl attached to fire wall using 4 screws located inside the cowl.

A 4-blade would look much better.
When I get back from Muncie, I'll finish up the cockpit and add decals. Also, tail wheel doors.

Per Darrell, use grease on the axles on large planes. Put a nylon washer between oleo and wheel to take up slop in the side movement. Also, bent the cotter pin and checked all set screws on axle and upper part of oleo.

Belly pan checked for fit.

Almost forgot to add the button head screws to secure cowl to ply insert plus Hysol.

Noticed the oleos weren't working. Had the upper doors too wide and they hit the gear frame. Had to cut about a 1/4" wide by an inch long off the sides.

Last edited by samparfitt; 08-27-2019 at 06:56 PM.