RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread
Old 08-30-2019, 05:49 AM
airborn900
My Feedback: (25)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceeray
7 flights so far. And I have removed all the lead from the nose. I initially put CG to 220mm , but its way too nose heavy. I donīt know where I am at the moment with the CG but its getting close , now I need just 1/4 of stick travel to stay inverted and when landing I can keep up my nose a bit with elevator. I know that because nosegear didnīt come down and I had to make my best landing for the season to save the planeīs nose from being destroyed.. The plane got just rashed.

I changed main spar to Carbon , 30/27mm stuff. Saved some weight. Same with elevator spar, 14/12mm and 12/10mm carbon tubes put into the tail to save some grams. Total weight at the moment is 13.4kg with UAT full. I think it will come down a bit if I change one battery to smaller, maybe 100g.

Its a good trainer, 12kg engine is plenty. I painted my canopy black from the inside to save weight, so I have a spare cockpit set to sell, please send pm if interested.

BUT has anyone managed to open up the strut? I would like to change the spring from the nose gear strut, because nose is so light at the moment and the strut is hard. So it bounces easily.
I am flying mine with an empty weight uat full of 13.31kg. Cg is at 216mm, 14n engine. Jet flies really well. I am curious on the carbon tubes your using. Can you send me a link of where to purchase a set?

Thanks.