RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swiwin turbines ?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 06:05 PM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Auburn

I did not realize your question is hypothetical but either way, diesel makes more smoke and can be more energetic than kero. I think without conducting some analysis that these are general statements so the answers will be general. In general, diesel makes more smoke and the amount of smoke can differ depending on where you are. Truckers would concur I am sure. But if an engine smokes more than others, I lean toward a problem with that engine. I have one here that was sent to me. It is an older engine. The owner states he can run it on kero but it will not behave on diesel. For this particular case I discovered some of the needles were clogged. If I get too much heat or smoke with any given engine, I lean toward something wrong with that engine, not the brand and not the design. Every engine is a little different. I have four engines here. They are consecutive serial numbers, all made on the same day by the same hands. They all behave a little differently.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Oh I don't have one, didn't mean to imply that I did. But I've only witnessed first hand one brand of turbine smoking continuously and only on one type of fuel. i.e. geneh-RCU's comment "it started to smoke almost like I had a smoke system if it was less that 75% throttle. I was advised to try Kerosene or Jet-A. Switched to Kerosene and it runs wonderful." From what I have been told and geneh-RCU confirmed in his reply the engines operate and perform just fine, but again I was just curious from a physical/mechanical standpoint what would be different among brands that would cause the behavior from one and not others.