RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vortex F3A build thread
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 12:15 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
MBS RC Models here in Sweden has cut a Vortex lasercut kit for one builder here.
I have seen on a forum here in my country that the builder first ordered light balsa sheets from them then clued some of the sheets together so it was total 200 mm (20 cm) width of the balsa sheets, each sheet has 100 mm (10 cm) width before gluing. I think the length if those balsa sheets was 500 mm (50 cm) also (just cut the 1000 mm/100 cm balsasheets in half). He then sent in the 200 mm wide balsa sheets (500 x 200 mm), total 30 sheets according to his build thread, to MBS RC Models and had the balsa parts cut. He received the laserkit and is building the Vortex now. You obviously need more balsa and ply for the lasercutting but probably MBS RC Models know all about this since they have already cut one Vortex kit for this builder. They probably have a list of balsa and ply needed for the whole lasercut project.
I do not know if You can see his just started build via the link below (translated from Swedish to English in Google translator):
https://translate.google.com/transla...-en-F3A-modell

If You want to click on images in the thread to enlarge them You have to do that in the untranslated version since Google translator can not display the images enlarged:
Bygget av Vortex en F3A modell

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 09-17-2019 at 12:23 AM.