RCU Forums - View Single Post - Balsa USA Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 08:06 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Stikflyer
Rich, thanks for your help. Gas engines must not drink the fuel like a nitro engine. In my small planes if the manufacturer recommended a 6 oz tank I always put in a 8 oz. That extra 2 oz would give me my 15 minute flights.
This will be my first large plane and gas engine. I might be picking your brain for info. You've built more than one BUSA cub, did you ever modify your wing mounting like Tom Crump did or just go through the door? I like what Tom did and I might incorporate that in my plane.
Thanks for the information.
You are coming in to that size of airplane where the gasoline engines start to pay off over glow fuel. The four strokes aren't so bad but when you get into the larger two stroke nitro engines they can be a bit thirsty. I run a 25 cc engine in my BUSA N-17 . It has a 16 oz tank but I only used about 16 oz total during two flights yesterday. With a Cub you will likely spend less time at full throttle than I do with the fighter plane although as the saying goes, your mileage may vary. As Rich points out, a 16 oz tank is more than enough.