RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mk curare 20
Thread: Mk curare 20
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 05:31 PM
Dad3353

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with nose wheel retract, please..?

Good evening, JHMIN...

My apologies for awakening this (excellent...) topic, asleep for far too long, but I have an issue that you may be able to help me with, if you would. I am building a Curare 20 from a short kit, for electric motorisation. I've received the chosen retracts for this 'plane, the same set as you have used (Turnigy MCR All Metal Retract System...). I want to install 3mm legs, and had no problems removing the original 3mm 'leg' from the two wing units, by backing off the two grub screws 'hidden' in their bronze bushings.. Not so easy for the nose wheel unit, though. There are no grub screws in the bushings; the 'leg' is held in place by the steering collar. This I was able to remove easily enough, but the 'leg' still refuses to come out. It appears, from close inspection, as if the inner end of the 'leg' has a flange, which prevents forward movement, and therefore extraction.
I see from your (excellent...) photos that you have succeeded in fitting a 3mm nose wheel leg, so I assume that you managed to remove the original 'leg'. Do you remember how you did this..? Did you have the same issue of the inner flange preventing it from coming out..? I don't wish to start disassembly of this unit if it can be avoided, but will do so, if it's the only way of removing this 'leg'. Did you have to resort to such measures, or have I overlooked something..?
Thanks in advance for any information or assistance you're able to offer, and warm thanks for having posted, all that time ago, such an excellent topic; meanwhile...

Have a nice day

Douglas