RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet
Old 09-22-2019, 10:30 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I calibrated my GS-200 and that fixed the screen issues I was having, big thanks to Greg Alderman for letting me know how to initiate the calibration process. For those of you that don't know, you simply hold down pressure on the center of the screen when you power up and it will go into calibration mode.

Whether or not a brake gyro is needed depends a lot on where you fly your jet, if you fly off grass and have a fairly big landing area then the brake gyro is not needed so much. If you fly off of paved surface that requires strong braking then the brake gyro can prevent damage to your wings in that if the brakes cause the aircraft to yaw the wheels will end up 90 degrees to the direction of travel and cause the landing gear mounts in the wing to crack...ask me how I know this I fly off a 300' asphalt strip, I've gotten pretty proficient at spot landings over the years that require only minimal braking, but every once in a while I have to really get on the brakes, and when I do it's really nice to see the jet brake evenly without worrying about damaging anything. Someone mentioned it above, this unit is less than $200 delivered to your house, compared to $1200 for a wing set I think it's a bargain, I use these unit's in both of my T1 minis as well as my T1 and would not consider any other brake controller.