RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plane controller for boat
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 07:06 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mfr02
Using an air band radio for surface models (and taxiing a plane that is intended to fly does not count as surface) is a truly bad idea because almost nobody sensible running a surface model wants to mess with a flying plane.
I agree that I certainly would not want to bring down somebody's aircraft. However, I could theoretically only taxi my plane around for hours and it would be a ground vehicle no different than a boat or car. If I did this with a 72mhz system how would this be different than a guy running one in his boat? "Illegal" is not mutually inclusive with bad. Especially now that most are running the 2.4ghz systems what are the chances that somebody else would be running on 72 band and on the same channel as you close enough to cause conflict? Very slim. Now let's say we kept it legal and I decided to fly a park flyer in my backyard on 72 band. If it just happened that another guy is flying on the same channel 1/2 a mile from me and I bring down his plane or vice versa would this be any better because it was legal?