RCU Forums - View Single Post - Coming out of the closet
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 09:21 PM
ny_hawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming out of the closet

Hello all,

So, I pulled this not so new drone out of the closet... It was never flown and partially set up... It is a T580G a GPS quad with all kinds of cool features... I figure not too many people are familiar with this old gal but I recently decided to try and get her flying...

To make a long story short this was an ARF drone so I installed an Rx and set everything up... Tried testing it out and I see what appears like a couple of problems... First off all power cut out once and the thing was dead...but I think this must be just a power wire and I will look into this.. The head scratchier is that while the radio appears to be connected to the flight controller correctly (it unlocks when both sticks are held down and out) however, when spooling up the motors and holding the drone controls appear reversed... Now, this is supposed to have been tested at the factory but forward makes it lean backward, left makes it lean right and so on... The gyros also seem to be in reverse, tilting the drone to the right makes it push harder to the right instead of to the left and so on...

I am very hesitant to change all the plugs (on the other side of the FC) that were setup by the factory but I can't see any other way... I mean forward stick should make it lean forward and left stick should make it lean left, right? The throttle and unlock works correctly but the rest all seem totally backwards...

Any thoughts on this are appreciated...

Jim

Last edited by ny_hawk; 09-30-2019 at 09:25 PM.