RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 03:19 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Nick,

That's a great photo of you on the beach! The rest of the photos of the country are spectacular! I like the countryside and what looks like a glacier. So much to see in such a short time. Having your girl friend to guide you to the highlights was huge so you weren't get caught in the tourist places. That squash at the Fair was HUGE, I am sure whole Fair had to be a fun too. So happy you made the trip! As they said in the Wizard of OZ, Nick........your not in Kansas anymore!!

Oh my goodness those Porsche's.......WOW! At my age when I see a Porsche I can only think of two things, James Dean and Steve McQueen. They are very desirable cars aren't they, and are a pure status symbol that's for sure! That said, I would rather have the Huskers helicopter in the show myself :-))

Take care Nick,

JP

Mark your right, I am a bad influence on you when it comes baiting you one to more RC Jets, guilty as charged he he he.

Yep the 230 is smooth sailing now. While flying in stunt 2 at 100% I did lose control twice and had to press the panic button to save the heli. She righted herself and was saved in a second or two. Shot some video but I am to embarrassed post, the loops were sloppy and few seconds of inverted were brief. Like you, when I get my thumbs back I will have bit more confidence. Fig 8's are great lefts and rights. I can get a bit edgy too, but I do need a ton of hours to improve.

Congratulations on purchasing Little Mr G. his very own transmitter. That's great step for him and must be on cloud 9. I support the idea of him as you said doing some taxiing to get the feel of the plane perhaps some rudder in there too. I suspect you'll drop the throttle down to like 25% max for him right? When I taught my grandson how to fly I put him on my old DJI 450 quad copter. He was flying within just a few minutes, then if he made an error he just let go of both sticks and the quad came back to a hover where ever it was. It made it easy for him to learn the Aile,Elev,Rud etc. and how it made the craft move in the air. Then when I took him to the Bixler Glider that knowledge made it easy for him to fly. Unlike a full airplane the Bixler would glide and was slow flying which gave him time work out the issue before he YELLED "Grandpa take it" on our Buddy Boxes. Just food for thought, perhaps one of those cheap little drones that will hover and pretty hold it's level in a hover. Keep working your last Jet to get her airborne too.

I getcha on the dusk flying, I am pretty well past that too. Your Goblin looks great and she is ready for some action. I recall your heli flying level and you've got straight up talent Mark! No way have I ever flown 3D like you presently do. Like I have said before, I can corkscrew rolls horizontally, loops and hold at the top inverted, rollover side to side 360s, nose over tail 360s, rainbows and only for awhile did I get where I could fly inverted in a horizontal circle on my best days. To me those are all moves, not really flying 3D like you guys. When Nick was flying 3D he was AWESOME hard core!

You guys take care.......... JP

Last edited by JPEE; 10-13-2019 at 03:23 PM.