RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone feeling adventurous?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

PLEASE post your results here guys. I too am interested in what you will get. My guess is going to be the HL toy tank. There are a few things on that site that lead me to that conclusion:
  1. I see a HL T1 in 8th scale, HL T1 in 10th scale, and a Warslug KT for photos.... Since none of these are below 2k or so the $58 price is a bit funny, especially since the shipping alone would be a CONSIDERABLE amount more than that.
  2. The stats are completely wrong everywhere. One part says it has a 7.2V 4500mah NIMH battery while right below that (on the same screen!!) is a packing list with a 7.2V 4500 Ni-Cd. The weight is 1.7kg but a 5000mAh NIMH is around .4kg by itself which would leave the tank at a 1.3kg or 2.86lb for the model. The size is a bit off as well with dimensions coming in roughly at about 17.7x9.8x8.7" which is right around the 24th scale length, but not height and width. For reference the T1 is around 16" long just measuring the lower chassis without the barrel.
  3. This is a limited time sale for their "1th anniversary celebration" which should set of a few bells there too. If the prices were this good for a year now I think one of us eagle eye'd tankers would of found this place a long time ago.
  4. Runtime of 40 minutes on a 4500 nimh/nicd on a giant scale all metal tank.... Unless that tank rolls like butter that isn't going to happen either. Also the HL larger tanks are lipo powered, I've seen both in person myself. One of them even shoots soft foam BBs, I think that would of been mentioned too....
  5. Remote control distance of only 35-45m..... that is pretty weak actually. I know the TG system gets at least 50ish on the stock setup with no antenna placement mods, seems kinda weak for an all metal tank but we can ignore this point.
  6. 1.2hr recharge time on a 4500mAh battery means you need about a 7A charger or so. A nimh will not enjoy a fast charge. The charger needed to provide that amount of juice to charge the battery up that quickly is not a stock charger provided by any manufacturers of tanks I know of at this time. The stock TG and HL chargers are about .4A (400mAh) right now.
  7. The testing standards they tout are fake and not view-able. There is also no FCC certification I would bet but that depends on what you get (my guess below).
I think I can stop there but those are the main issues I seen when I saw the page I'm surprised you can use PP but I have been seeing a lot of scams lately even with PP where the user legitimately uses the account for selling stuff and gets PP trust up and then when payments go directly into the account without waiting they do scams like this. They add a fake tracking number or send something about the size of the item they describe so PP sees it moving in the postal system. Then it is your word against theirs. Most of the time PP sides with the buyer, just lately we have seen this scenario happen a lot.

My guess is either a HL 24th scale Leo, Pantiger, or P4. Most likely I'm gonna go with the 24th scale as that is about the going price for that item on evilbay and also on Hermill's link if you read that near the bottom it says it comes with a 9.6V 1000mAh which is also the battery packs used in those (I could be wrong here, I thought they used a 7.2V rechargeable pack?). The FCC certification I spoke of earlier will also depend on who makes it... Pretty sure HL doesn't have FCC certification on any of their new stuff as I didn't see anything in the latest box from them but that was a few months ago. I really hope you get something good though, honestly I'll be a bit mad if it is lol. Good luck!!