RCU Forums - View Single Post - What do you think about JETLEGEND L39?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 03:34 PM
rcflier53
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maidened my BVM/JL L-39 this week, and my gosh it was a handful. First of all, the nose down is really tough to overcome on a grass strip with this particular nose gear. After a long takeoff roll, it jumped off the ground and almost stalled and snapped when it did finally get airborne. Secondly, it flew heavy and almost uncontrollable at times, like a high wing load warbird. I flew BVM’s demo L-39 plane and it was beautiful to fly! Not sure what’s going on with this particular airframe as it was set up exactly like theirs. After the flights, I made some changes to throws and expo, along with adding a spacer in the strut to stiffen the spring. Flew it again and it still can’t get off the grass very well. Did the jump into the air again, but luckily I was ready. 3rd flight, I made the mistake of adding smoke fluid and that increased the takeoff roll quite a bit and it flew even worse. Seems like the smoke tank is about 96oz or something. It’s huge and I only filled it 1/3-1/2 way. I am running a JC Cheetah, with an AS3000 gyro and the recommenced throws and expo. CG is almost exactly at the factory placement. I have purchased a CortexPro to replace that AS3000 as I’m not keen on it’s functionality in a Jet. Some people like it and others have felt it’s not really locked in as well a CortexPro. So, I’m willing to do whatever to get this model to fly well. Any tips or suggestions are welcomed. It’s a pretty airframe and the build quality is nice. Just not a great flier yet. Thanks in advance!