RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 06:54 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I haven't had a lot of time to work on it. I discovered the airplane needs a little more work then I realized and a couple of pieces are missing. The diagonal brace on one side of the wing mount is missing. I'm still trying to figure out why the original builder would omit it. I got the wood sourced and it is now on hand I just need to cut and shape it. I am currently shaping leading edges and edges of control surfaces. I want to get the engine and tank installed next. Then I may try to cover it before installing servos and radio. Right now I'm trying to find some red/white checkerboard I got to cover the vertical fin which I misplaced. Later on this week I want to get a check in the mail to Callie for the graphics. A Saito deserves more than just a plain pink airplane.
The livery will be a 1/2" red/white checkerboard vertical fin with red edges. The rest of the airplane will be pink. The sides will have a red Cub style Lightening bolt stripes. The tail will have the "Pete' N Poke" replaced with a custom made "Pink' N Poke" in the same style. The fuselage sides will have the Pink Panther Paw logo, the PP Face will be on the top of the wing and mirrored so they look more balanced, and the black logo will be on the bottom of the wing. I'm still looking for a small PP to use as a pilot.If I could find a black panther the same size I would put it in the front passenger seat.