RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 11:15 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse Open
Sounds like a plan Pete! If Bruce needs gasket material, I would be happy to donate a few prime Playboy covers to the cause. Must be the type of clear coat they use to make the paper glossy(?)
Or something on the paper anyhow

The Abitar production for a while was done by Gary Connelly , the same guy who made the 1/4 scale Chevy V8 engines and later took over the Perry Pump and carb production.

Thank you to both you and dave for the additional info on that abitar twin overhead cam belt drive engine (dave i remember those pics from years ago) and a quick explanation for the following question, as i'm a spraypainter not a mechanic. On the old desmo ducati's they used a complex and finely machined set of bevel gears to drive the ohc, which had to be shimmed within an inch of it's life, accuracy wise, so ducati eventually went to toothed belt drive which are much cheaper to make and maintain, a lot of expensive research into cam belt material etc was undertaken to ensure reliability so my question is; did arbiter fourstroke engines suffer a lack of development prior to release? it would be a pity because the engine looks the business and very pretty.