RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 02:28 AM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Pete, being a paint and hot rod guy , you may appreciate this. I have been working on this for the last four months. A 450 HP electric pickup. We started with a very original 1962 C-10 out of Ohio.
Complete tubular frame and very strong drivetrain. I kind of preferred the old 235 CI 6 that was in it 450 Electric horsepower is rather awesome as it has a power band much broader than an IC engine. Pulls like a Diesel at low RPM and just keeps on hauling.
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/...-sema-gallery/

BTW: Pete, I have owned 8 Ducatis since my first 1966 basket case. All but one were bevel drive.

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
Part of the gain from using four valves, (and maybe most of it) is caused by the fact that two smaller columns of fuel and air accelerate quicker than one large one, toward the cylinder aiding cylinder filling which is a big plus.
Another factor is smaller valves accelerate from and return to their seats more readily than large valves. This allows the engine to turn at higher RPM producing more horsepower. The VELOCITY is also higher, making for more efficient cylinder filling and combustion. Most multi cylinders make more horsepower for a given displacement because they can rev higher, thus burning more air and fuel. Doesn't seem to hold true for our toy engines for the most part.

Last edited by Jesse Open; 11-13-2019 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Removed obscene motorcycle pic and comments