RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 09:12 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Mine had been a retired wrecker when I got it. I once pulled a house trailer with it and once pulled a C10 Chevy LWB sideways up out of an embankment. The Chevy had a bad carburetor and had died and nestled up against a tree with the driver's door having a impression of the tree. The truck had to be pulled sideways to keep from taking out half the side. The Chevy owner wanted me to pull it away from the tree so he could start it and get it back on the road. I decided why not just pull it all the way to the road. I loved that granny gear! When I got the truck it had a slight bend in the frame causing one corner of the bed to sit high. I paid a one hour charge to a frame shop to straighten it. Same shop a year later would replace the bolts going thru the leaf springs into the rear axle to keep it from sliding. Naturally one side broke loose when I was driving it causing the axle to shift and break a U joint. A friend pulled it home and my Dad and I used a come-along to get the rearend back in place and we tightened up the U bolts to the springs to hold in place until I could get it fixed.