RCU Forums - View Single Post - End of AMA EXpos?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 03:33 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
My thoughts exactly. Hobby King will be gone soon enough, Horizon has pretty much the same business model as Great Planes, only time until they bleed out as well. They need to stop trying to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible and start looking towards the long term health of the hobby. IMO Horizon should start setting up hobby shop franchises and making sure the owners are able to make a decent profit. On average current shop owners if they match the Horizon direct prices will only average 25% to 30% intake. Then they have to pay rent/Mortgage, payroll, insurance, inventory, utilities etc. If Horizon increased those profit margins and supported the retail industry better then we would have more hobby shops again. The hobby as a whole would enjoy a higher level of enthusiasm which of course would mean higher volume of sales......everyone wins.
What makes you think there is enough profit margin in these products to allow for that AND do it at the price YOU want to pay? You stated, "only average 25% to 30% intake" (I will assume you meant margins), what margins do you think are appropriate? Got any real-world experience or facts to support your, "everyone wins" theory?

Regards,

Astro