RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen V3 motherboard issues
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 10:29 AM
XchosenlegacyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shorty54
I also dont understand why we cant have full schematic and troubleshooting guides with these boards. Kind of like a tech manual.
We all know when one fails, its usually a part that costs pennies, maybe a buck n half. A good soldering iron, magnifying glass, some patience and they can be repaired.
I have repaired, in the past, my clark boards and BARC boards for under $.25 in parts. Mosfets, diodes, transitors, regulators, semiconductors, ect, should all be replaceable/repairable on these boards. Just my opinion..

Enjoy,
Shad
I 100% agree. I understand that Taigen may not want to back this board, in my case, because it wasn’t a direct plug and play into a Taigen tank, which is why I didn’t try sending it back, but having this board made for them, I have a hard time believing that nobody at Taigen can help with a schematic, Erik has been very helpful from Taigen until I asked about the schematic, then it was more like, we don’t know anything, we just send them back to manufacturer. If it’s because it’s a trademarked board only for Taigen I could see, so we don’t get so many “clones” of the board as we see today with everything else, but just tell me that. I have been all over this board, everything has continuity, no burn marks, but it’s got more components and IC’s the names in the phone book, so I have no way of tracing to the problem, I realize in the scheme of things it’s not a $160 Clark, but I’m skeptical as I said, to repurchase board, seeing as others have also had problems