RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen V3 motherboard issues
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Its mainly a safety thing. We don't want to do repairs on the boards and have floating around 2nd hand stuff. At $50 for a replacement it really isn't worth it shipping both ways and to a repair center to have it done. I save all bad, defective, or damaged boards and even transmitters and they are returned where they can be examined and taken into consideration for the next batch. I have done this since I started actually. If the factory doesn't know how the boards fail and don't have it there in front of them it is hard to improve on the next batch/revision. Unfortunately I can't really cover them when going in a custom install or different brand tank but I always try to do my best with questions. The factory doesn't provide me with any repair materials nor have I asked for it honestly. It may be a small part that needs to be repaired but I've seen MANY, MANY hobby shops burn down since I started from incorrect repairs, charging, etc. For that reason I do offer the motherboard by itself to try and keep the cost down a bit. If the customer has the know how to repair the part then please be my guest, but repairs we do not offer at this time.