RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen V3 motherboard issues
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:55 PM
XchosenlegacyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Its mainly a safety thing. We don't want to do repairs on the boards and have floating around 2nd hand stuff. At $50 for a replacement it really isn't worth it shipping both ways and to a repair center to have it done. I save all bad, defective, or damaged boards and even transmitters and they are returned where they can be examined and taken into consideration for the next batch. I have done this since I started actually. If the factory doesn't know how the boards fail and don't have it there in front of them it is hard to improve on the next batch/revision. Unfortunately I can't really cover them when going in a custom install or different brand tank but I always try to do my best with questions. The factory doesn't provide me with any repair materials nor have I asked for it honestly. It may be a small part that needs to be repaired but I've seen MANY, MANY hobby shops burn down since I started from incorrect repairs, charging, etc. For that reason I do offer the motherboard by itself to try and keep the cost down a bit. If the customer has the know how to repair the part then please be my guest, but repairs we do not offer at this time.
I completely get that Erik, as I have said, that’s why I haven’t asked for money back or anything, I know it’s something I did, but it’s a shame because it is probably a small part, but I just don’t understand why there is such a lack of control boards period. Like I said, all the other boards seem unobtainable, open panzer would be “perfect” but I know those boards were discontinued awhile ago. I don’t really feel comfortable ordering from Australia or the UK for some of these boards, I just don’t get why here in America, we have such a lack of parts. I really would just buy another V3 board, and I may, but I would be really upset if the new board went. I’m not super savvy with electronics, so I’m really at the mercy of what’s available, and I’m just really surprised in lack of products in this country