RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1
Old 11-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducted Fan Dan
Thank you for the replies. I use the jp controller that came with the plane on a 2s LIFE with max volts at 7.2. I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with a retract failure.
If that is the case then the motor did not fail due to over voltage. I have noticed some inconsistency in the motors, in my first T1 Mini I used a Xicoy LG-15 controller with a 2S LiPo and never had a motor failure in 50+ flights. I setup my next Mini the same way (2S LiPo and Xicoy controller), cycled the gear three times successfully, on the fourth try the left main came down about half way and stopped, after some troubleshooting I determined the retract motor was dead. So, I replaced the motor and cycled the gear a few more times and then the right main failed to retract, failed about half way up. Replaced the motor on that one too, but this got me thinking about the voltage coming from the Xicoy controller. Long story short, I was able to verify that the JP controller regulated voltage at 7.5v, whereas the Xicoy did not regulate the 2S Lipo so the motors were getting 8.4v. So I put a small regulator set at 7.5v in line with my 2S Lipo and everything has been fine until about 2 weeks ago when the left main on one of my Minis would not extend for landing, which then resulted in a belly landing. When I got home I tried the gear again and it worked perfectly, figures! Anyway, I changed out the motor just to be on the safe side. Once you replace that motor I recommend that you cycle the gear a few times to make sure it works consistently. -Tom