RCU Forums - View Single Post - Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 10:23 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
On my DX-20 I can use the little 2 position trimmer buttons to trim the nose wheel steering on the fly. It's handy, you don't have to pull up sub-trim to do taxi tests.

I was setting up my CORE on a small Harlock turbine Viper and was thinking how to accomplish this since they don't have that two way switch on the Core (or so I thought). The easy answer is the rotary knob but I don't want it getting changed by bumping or using it on another model and having to re-trim each time.

After a bit of tinkering this is what I discovered:

In the SERVO menu I added a servo (7 in this case) and labeled it Nose Steering. I left the throw at the default for now.
In the FUNCTION menu I set the control to ST-B.
Now the cool part, and the reason for this post.
Select Trim
Select Control
Click the momentary button to the upper left of the throttle stick. (Or the momentary button next to the power switch, either will work)
That enables both opposing buttons for trimming the nose wheel steering!
I set the trim step to 1% for the finest control possible.

Voila! I can now set nose steering without playing with menus during taxi tests. I didn't realize those buttons could be setup as a left/right pair. Nice job Power Box!!
Or, you could just reassign your rudder trim to NWS trim. I have never used the rudder trim on a jet.