RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito's New Engine: FG-90R3
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 02:41 PM
jimkron

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gilles1
Hi
i own a FG90R3 since a few days.checking all accessories, i found that the joke bar and the carburator bar was missing. the joke bar has a 3,5 mm thread which is very difficult to get in Europe/Austria
My question now: What does this joke bar exactly do with the carburator? The same as when I fuly close the throttle? Do i need it? What is the best way to get this engine running without a starter only with hand flipping.
Hints are appreciated
Christian
The threaded choke bar is useless. It is suppose to thread into the carb and choke the engine by pulling the butter-fly shut. I think it's dangerous to pull the butter-fly with this device while flipping a hot prop. Maybe this is suppose to be done with the engine off. I don't know.
I found the best way is to use a starter. My cold engine lights up in 2 seconds. I let the engine idle for :30 seconds or until the cylinder temp get up to 130. (I have telementry)
I then slowly bring up the throttle to full. Usually hit around 6500 rpm on ground. Don't push it. Go fly have fun. The rest of the day it's usually one hand flip.

For those breaking the Saito FG 90, the first 30 minutes or so should be at idle or less than 2000 rpm. Don't rev it up. If it runs like **** don't worry. Make sure the cylinders are all hot and working. You just want the oil, cylinders, and pistons to break in according to master Ray English. I've seen him do this many times. He gets it going outside, then goes in the house and has lunch. He might let the engine cool down. Then start it up again. Now the tuning begins.