RCU Forums - View Single Post - POLL: What parts of RCU are important to you?
Old 11-26-2019, 02:37 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Obviously there's many problems. I contend more then they can disclose in any thread. I haven't looked at this site in probably over 3 months, and probably all total just a few times in the last few years. So I'm going with "none of the above". I registered with this site probably a week or two after it was launched in 2001, and was a moderator for a few years or more. It really rocked, I remember when it hit 100,000 users. It was a party, with new users registering every day, and using it frequently. Sponsors were flocking to it, advertisers couldn't sign up fast enough...

Every change since about 2006-2008 has it slipping down a slope though from what I can tell. At some point it was taken over by an entity that really made it tough to use. It seems like it's just treaded water for the last 10yrs.

The Market Place is ridiculous and hard to use, there's no origin dates on any threads so you can't see when anything was originally posted without hitting on it, and the list goes on. I'm not wanting to bash here, but these are just a few of the issues I as a user have to deal with.

I certainly wish it could remain and evolve to a better site, but now today I finally log in, and there's a prompt to vote on what we think is "more important". Those kind of polls create more division then anything else you could do. I cringe when I see/hear those kind of polls. I've seen those things split clubs, churches, and organizations right down the middle, and nothing gets resolved...

How about this... You guys think about it, come up with a site plan, and if I/we like it, we'll be back. Get rid of the politics of what your users think, and be creative, do your jobs, make it work, make changes where needed, and if it doesn't work, you do it again.
If you can't keep up with it, maybe you're in the wrong business. Know though there's almost 19yrs of history(not to mention this site apparently took on the older RCOnline at some point early on also if I'm not mistaken).

The most important thing you can do is come up with something that works and appeals to your users. Don't ask users what they think, do your job and get creative. Entice us, make users(like me) want to read your site. I don't want to see 19yrs of information go up in smoke, but it's inevitable if you guys don't get with it.

Last edited by DGrant; 11-26-2019 at 02:40 PM.