RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kit recommendation for 11 year old
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 06:18 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

PR Racing is regarded very well in Europe and South Africa, they are still establishing a presence in the North America Market. There is a good write up on the brand here worth a read:
https://www.liverc.com/news/special_...naan_Yingling/

The buggy that I linked above is 1 generation old, all the current generation parts are backward compatible so you won't have any problem getting proper support for it and yes it will be VERY competitive on a turf track! Because it's the "Sport" edition there have been some parts that are downgraded to plastic from aluminum/carbon to help keep costs down. You can always upgrade later if you break any of those parts as your budget allows. If you want the current version with all the bells and whistles, then here is the link for that which is still a really good deal if you were to add up the cost for upgrades if bought separately:
$340 - 2019 PR S1 V3R EVO

The radios I recommended are decent "mid-grade" systems that will stand the test of time and won't cause you any problems. I have raced the Radiolink system for many years and have won many races with it without a single glitch. You can certainly invest in a higher quality system, but all you will be paying for are improved ergonomics and other features such as telemetry, antenna-less Rx's and touch screens, etc... I would encourage you to read this article here:
Which surface radio system is the best?

Yes, all these parts can be moved into any other modern 2WD race buggy if you decide to switch to a different chassis later, it's very common for club racers to upgrade to the current years release of a buggy to stay current with the most recent upgrades. Not sure when the 2020 EVO will be released, but the 2019 EVO will be put on clearance at that time as the cycle repeats each year.