RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kit recommendation for 11 year old
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 11:09 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Lets be serious here chances are a first timer at the track is not going to have the skills for some time before he will have the ability to use a spec class racer. The last teen I helped had a lot of fun with an off the shelf Traxxis Stampede. Getting used to racing rather than funning around on a dirt patch was challenge enough for a better part of the summer. It took a while for his skill level to come up to the point he needed upgrades to improve his driving ability. Its a waste of money and possibly a vehicle letting loose with a unit that is way above the drivers skill level. Most likely he will spend most of his time out of control, crashing and repairing rather than gaining race track experience. Take a look at the upgrades available for the Traxxis line of vehicles.

By the time he gets to needing a spec class ride he will have gained enough experience to make his own decision as to what he needs to progress to the next level. Or he may loose interest and the money spent may not be as much as jumping straight into a so called spec class ride plus needed upgrades to make it so called race worthy.

Your choice, I wish you good luck no mater which direction you choose be careful of those who recommend going all out first time round or those who recommend odd or hard to find subjects. Make sure the one you chose has spare parts readily available and a list of upgrades you might want to purchase in the future.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 12-04-2019 at 11:18 AM.