RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's time for something different
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I've been plugging away at these things slowly. I assembled the cab for the third truck after I had assembled the drive line. The cab needed more
fitting and actual machine work than I'd expected as the parts did not fit well at all. Once I had the cab mounted I decided that I want to make the
side windows in the doors function; I believe Maier originally offered this option on his built out trucks however I've never seen this. So I've been
tinkering and the result is shown in the referenced video. I did this work while I'm waiting for more information on another mechanical component
of the trucks.

Oh yes and this also marks the first time I've uploaded a video to YouTube since they've implemented that new "Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act" (COPA) that all YouTube content 'creators' have to comply with. I don't want any little dears to be traumatized by any of my poorly running models so I set my entire channel as having content NOT suitable for children.
Instead of working myself up into a lather because yet another questionable control (the internet was NOT designed for children) I just decided children can do without my video content.
Because many parents refuse to take an active role in policing their children's content and implementing controls (router based exclusions being one of the better ways) the sage and wizened protectors of the 'net impose responsibilities on the rest of us....ah well there's my rant for the day!

Jerry

Last edited by Tanque; 12-09-2019 at 11:03 PM.