RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 10:42 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only took me five minutes to do the xmas shopping this year.

Just a quick reminder for xmas guys if you store (in certain quantities) lipo batteries, nitro, methanol or fibreglass catalyst etc in your house or shed/home workshop. Check your policy. In australia it's quite easy for an insurance company to contest a house/workshop fire claim if you store things like fibreglass catalyst. The plastic containers with the paper labels split the caps over time so you don't want to knock one over and not notice. Years ago i had some in a glass bottle which i dropped on a concrete floor in the business workshop, the puddle of catalyst began foaming on the concrete so i washed it down with water. Most of the broken glass was held together by a large paper label so instead of throwing that in the inside bin i placed it just outside the workshop door and drove home that night. Arrived back there next morning and see a large sooty stain up a wall, yup it caught fire. Fire investigation technique is very advanced these days, would be a shame to be told to jump up your bum if you've violated the terms of your insurance contract.

ps erieqc bet i could land the fa82 powered decathlon in that trailer

Last edited by Rudolph Hart; 12-15-2019 at 10:44 PM.