RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dan Santich Cobra
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 08:50 AM
ziggy138

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cobra engine will be based on weight. If tail heavy I have a great running GT-80 twin, also if build comes out on heavy side on total weight. On the other side if plane is nose heavy, or on light side on total weight I hope to use my DLE 55. I might consider another twin engine if I can find one at a fair price. I want to use Gas engine and not a Glow one. Price of fuel just getting out of hand on Glow. I had a LoPO fire in my basement and it did minor damage, but smoke and stench of it lasted for days. I will not have another LoPo battery in my home again. Besides it takes to long to charge them and that cuts into my flying time. I just like to refuel and get back up there in minutes. I put 6-10 flights a day on my planes.
I have not received plans yet, so I do not what I am getting myself in to at this point in time. But I will build this plane come hell or high water. My last projects were a 1/4 scale WW1 Quadra plane and a 1/3 scale EEA Biplane. Looking forward to challenge this winter.
Hopefully it will keep me out of trouble, but in poor house. I appreciate all advice and help form fellow builders. We are slowly becoming an endangered species, and few newer builders joining the ranks. Too bad they do not know what joy they are missing out on.
Ken C.