RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 06:22 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
For those running saitos gassers, do you have ongoing problems when quickly transitioning from idle to wot? Mine gasps and quits. No backfire, just gasps like there's not enough fuel for transition. Richening the lsn just leads to an idle which continuously drops rpm until the engine quits. Leaning the lsn leads to idle increasing rpm until the engine quits. Where I have the lsn set right now it will idle at 1950 rpm +/- 25 rpm all day and as long as I don't transition to wot too fast it transitions fine. Runs fairly smooth at all throttle settings too.

Anyway, is this normal behavior until the engine breaks in further? Will the problem eventually go away? I've run almost 1/2 gl of fuel through it so far and have tried static timing settings ranging from approx 27°-34° btdc using the Rcexl V02 cdi. No joy so far.

prop is a xoar 15x8
fuel is 89 octane 20% stihl ultra hp,
temp 50°f
battery is a LiFe 6.6v
peak rpm 8200
compression is excellent
no valve leaks
valve lash set to .002"
Lommie, try adjusting your plug gap a bit, go up or down about .002 to .003" at a time. I say this because the Z G20E with the RcX E-box produced the best mid range power in our Helis with a plug gap around .018 to.019 (the Century Radical 20 Gasser)

edit, yes I understand the Z G20 is a big ol smelly 2 St that use's a different plug, never the less please just try a different gap

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 12-22-2019 at 06:33 PM.