RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rant on FAA and why I won't become an AMA member
Old 12-28-2019, 10:41 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I'm glad that we are able to disagree on the membership aspect and still be respectful to one another, thank you guys. That being said, I still feel that guys who refuse to join yet want to complain about the outcome don't have a leg to stand on. From my perspective it's like showing up at a potluck empty handed.

Now, do I think that everyone who flys model airplanes should be forced to join the AMA ? No I do not, that is IMO a personal choice and I nor anyone else has the right to tell you how to spend your money. Based on my experiences with AMA clubs and the life long friendships I have developed I HOPE that other guys would join and experience the positive side of being a member.

As Bill has said, we are still years away from what is being proposed now. There is still time IMO to influence some changes. If anyone has a better idea on how to accomplish those changes then to join the organization that is representing us and add your voice to the fight and contact your local goverment representatives then I would love to hear it. I think it would be a great thing if we could discuss solutions and move past who is to blame.