RCU Forums - View Single Post - Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 07:11 AM
jimibar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Of course the Core is compatible with PB products, but doubt Evolution, 6 channels would suit your application.

I am currently evaluating the Core with the 9 (10) channel receiver with 8 servos plus a throttle input using a PST Reaction .
PB Sensor Power supply.

Works perfectly.

The power consumption of this model was evaluated earlier using a Weatronics Gizmo receiver which measures current. No guess work there.

The value was less than 3 amps, WAY below the safe levels of the PBR 9 receiver and Sensor.

My Core will soon be installed, using 26 ch rx Mercury with 18 servos 4( from gear programmer) in. a 1/4 scale Sea Fury with Moki 250.

I have every confidence it will be a perfect installation.

Thanks for your reply David.
Since this morning I'm in front of the Powerbox product page trying to figure out which receivers/box I need and it is quite frustrating to spend that time for simple applications ...

I have 2 planes to move from a CBOX 200 to whatever the Core can offer with the same level of realiability.
One is the small F18 from Skymaster, it's 2.3 meter long with a K160 in it and 9 servos.
And the other one is an Extreme Flight MXS in 94 inches with 5 servos.

I know that the PBR-9D is a dual receivers unit but you really think it will be safe enough to fly it in a 2.3m jet and big 3d planes ?
So to sum up, PowerBox Sensor -> PBR-9D ?
Looks pretty light to me ?