RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dan Santich Cobra
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 09:14 AM
ziggy138

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cobra Biplane

HI everyone, I have had nothing but trouble getting on this sight. Survived the New Year and over eating. Hope all is great with you.
Back to Cobre build. After talking to other club members I am going to use my old GT-80 to power it. This should take care of tail heavy problems, if any. Now question is where do I put servos for elev. and rud. Up near balance point or back by elev. to keep push rods short. Up front will help with balance and make adjustments easy, but require long push rods. I plan to use carbon fiber rods if I go this way. Locating servos in back, short 4-40 rods should work well but add more weight to tail section. I also would have two servos sticking out of sides along with servo arms to ruin scale looks. I could build hatch and hide servos inside but that would make any adjustments difficult. Any help here would be appreciated. VERY APPRECIATED.
Next problem is fuel tank location and size, and if I should add smoke tank and where to put it also. Not to much room between wings and fuselage for anything over 20 -24 Oz tank let alone a smoke pump. Looks like I could put fuel tank up front and oil tank over balance point, still thinking this one over.
I figured out how I will build lower wing over plans buy building outer wing panels first then add ply braces after marking rib locations and building a raised platform for center section.Build center section next and gull section last. This is plan for lower wing so far.
Upper wing going to problem due to gull going other way. I am thinking of building center section on raised platform first then adding ply gull brace and building outer panels and then gull. Not to sure about this as I have never built a plane with gull wings before let alone two of them.
ANY ideas or thoughts on above will be GREAT HELP. I look forward to all replies on this project. I value other builders advice and help. Thank you for your time and any help given. Ken C.