RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vortex F3A build thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 08:07 AM
Alex Voicu

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

I’ve been thinking about a paintscheme for Vortex, and since i didn’t have too much time it was easier to start with the existent Audax scheme and modify it. I also tried to generate the templates for film covering; these can be used as a starting point but it’s impossible to perfectly unwrap all the compound curvatures to a flat surface. When covering the Audax, most of these templates were ok, but for some of the colors that were applied on top of others i had to use transparent film to get the perfect shape. The differences were small though and the templates were still useful to trace the curves through the markings on the plastic film:
Audax F3A - new project for 2013

The templates can be found at the link below and they can also be useful if you choose to paint the model. Obviously they need to be printed at 1:1 scale, and if you print the them on multiple A3 sheets, the red lines included in the templates can be used to align them correctly. The blue lines represent the theoretical centerline or edge of the fuselage, but since we can’t expect the templates to be accurate down to the millimeter, we need to cut the templates and film pieces larger in those areas. For the fuselage, the white color comes first and the wing/stab holes can be used as a reference for positioning. All the other colors will follow the edges of the white color.
The white stripe at the base of the canopy is not part of the fuselage templates because it's actually painted on the canopy.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=190...1zU18MUyCQbX50

Last edited by Alex Voicu; 01-24-2020 at 08:10 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Alex Voicu:
elioargentina (04-16-2020), Igz (01-25-2020), robin24 (04-28-2020)