RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dan Santich Cobra
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 08:08 AM
ziggy138

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cobra

Cobra plans I have show a one piece elev. with a short 1/2 inch dowel joiner. Did you split elev. into two and controlled each with a servo ? If so then you had to put a servo on each side of tail section and added around 3 plus oz. of weight back there. I know this would result in a very short push rod and a solid control with no play. All very good, but that 3 plus oz. would need 3 or 4 times weight up front to balance plane. It would give quick and easy adjustments with out taking plane apart, something I did not think about. More food for thought. This is why I love this form. I get different schools of thought and ways to go about something. Good thing I am still in planning and not half way into build. I do not plan to compete in scale so two servos hidden partially under elev. may be a better solution in long run for my build. This would also need two LONG servo wire extensions, not to big a problem. I could run them thru a paper tube to hold in place and make servo replacement easy job.
Next BIG problem is how to laminate carbon fibber to ply wing / landing gear support on lower wing. Do I glue to face of ply or to top of ass'y. or both. Never used the stuff before, so no experience here and definitely I am no structural engineer. Any help with a simple drawing or video on this would be huge for me.
Thanks everyone for all ideas, and PLEASE keep them coming. Ken C.