RCU Forums - View Single Post - FRSky Taranis Beginners Support Group
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 11:08 PM
scott page

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
Thanks for your reply Scott.
I did not know anything about the "delicacy" of the D8 system. Perhaps I have just not come across it.
As for telemetry, I have working variometer, RSSI, battery voltage on my D8 receivers and don't particularly need more. Although, I am working on a openXsensor arduino based tacho, but that is a bit frivolous and not really important.
The "uncommanded servo movement" is a worry, but I had not experienced it. It was the total link lockout that pushed me into sacking the X8R receivers.

I am aware the problems FrSky are creating (or not fixing..........whichever way you want to describe it), are not unique. Futaba too? I read a problem about Hitec too some time ago...............where do we turn to?
But I am not jumping ship now; OpenTx is generally fantastic, beyond all previous experience of mine anyway.

Thanks again for helping us over here on the Taranis beginners thread!

The world is getting better and better and worse and worse faster and faster.

Jim.
Just looked at the D8 telemetry still available (not much). The hub that was used in the past had really small wires and easily broken or pulled out plugs. They had a ton of sensors back in 2011 -- but most were discontinues due to lack of interest. It seems the hub is gone too. As I fly only electric anymore -- what I really need is cell voltage, amp meter / mAh consumption, and vario. The rest is interesting, but I've gotten over being enamored by every shiny new telemetry gadget. I really like where FrSky has gone with their telemetry ESC's. Wish they had vario built in s well. Other than knowing when it's time to land or how high I am -- telemetry is mostly for figuring out what went wrong.