RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 08:58 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dieselman1220
Ok pulling my hair out now.
I installed everything into the jet and now the gear are not working.
I reinstalled the stock JP controller and everything works fine, so it cannot be a retract motor issue.
I relearned RC multiple times, Im in standard servo mode using futaba.
motor amps set to 1.0 amp.
Some strange things I'm noticing, I cannot cycle the gear manually using the controller.
When I monitor the radio screen and command gear up (nothing happens) however, after about 8-10 seconds the status screen switches back to gear down even though I did not command it on my radio??
I have my EPA maxed out PW shows 820ish to 2130ish.
I also notice my brakes on the radio screen momentarily indicate on, even though Im not commanding them.
Im not sure if they are turning on or not as they are not yet plugged in, Im just trying to get the gear to cycle.
Im at a loss, it worked on the bench yesterday and now nothing??
Definitely something weird happening. When you say you cannot cycle the gear manually using the controller, does this mean you cannot get to the screen to with the EXTEND and RETRACT buttons? If that is the case you may need to calibrate the screen. Calibrating the screen is easy, just press the screen before you apply receiver power and the unit will go into screen calibration mode, then just follow the instructions. Also, what mode on you using on start up? If you have it set to cycle mode then you have to cycle the retract switch before the retracts are armed. Oh, one other thing to check, this is a long shot but make sure the TIME OUT is set correctly (mine is set to 7 seconds), if it's set too low that could potentially cause this problem. -Tom