RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet
Old 02-07-2020, 07:23 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
This may not be the smartest question but, as they say, the dumbest question is the one unasked.....

With these jets, we're supposed to safety wire the fuel lines that attach to the barbed nipples. While I get the logic behind it, especially if one were to use Tygon, with the hard lines that we're using in the plane and the fact you have to heat it up and use a little lubrication to get them on, why do we need the safety wire as well? When I took my turbine off the test stand (and as they recommend), I had to cut the hard line off the nipple as it was not coming off. To be clear, I have safety wire and pliers, I'm just trying to understand the need or why Kingtech "requires" this now.

Thank y'all,
Scott
That's easy. Its cheap insurance on an expensive model. Spending an extra 5 mins doing some safety wire to be sure its not going to be an issue is worth it in my book.

Also after a few years the lines don't always stay the same. They can get loose over time so safety wire takes care of that issue also. I safety wire stuff all day long on real aircraft. Half of the stuff does not need it but its easy to do and assures it wont be a problem in the future.
The following users liked this post:
smcharg (02-07-2020)