RCU Forums - View Single Post - Braking with Elevators Set up
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 08:19 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
I used to have the brakes on the elevator stick. But that just contributed to poor braking on both my faster jets with electric brakes. It did work O.K. on the Sprint with air brakes, but I took the Sprint's brakes off the elev stick to keep all the jets the same. Ultimately with the elevator down, the plane ends up with extra pressure on the nose wheel. Then, the mains are light causing premature skidding. Also, the nose wheel "wheel-borrows" into any crack or depression. With EBrakes and LGC 15s, I have them set so that I just move the slider fully and the brakes are set to slow the plane down. The LGC 15 has ABS, proportional braking and the gyro keeps it going straight using the nose wheel and the brakes. It actually uses the brakes to steer the plane straight. It also has independent power adjustments to each brake, just in case one brake tends to pull a bit more than the other. Once I got things adjusted, I just push the slider fully up and the plane does the rest. Shortened my rollouts by at least 60%!
This is the way I’m going to go on my next one for sure.